1. If you were already a member of the 52nd Street Forum, your member profile has been moved over to our new forum here. You can log in using your original username or your forum email address, and password. If you do not remember your password, there is a link in the login form to reset your password; we cannot retrieve passwords, as they are stored encrypted. If all else fails, go to the bottom of this page and choose the Contact link to get in touch, and we'll get you sorted. Thanks for visiting, and enjoy the new forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Thank you for visiting It's Just Talk! To enjoy all of the features of our forum (and remove this message), please register for complete access. To prevent spam, our staff manually activates all new accounts; you will receive an email notice when your account is activated. Please enter the VIP code 6P7D5WQ4 when requested during registration. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We use the "responsive" layout of XenForo, which is cross-platform compatible and requires no additional apps to access our site via mobile, including smartphones and tablets.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum officially open

Discussion in 'General Jazz Discussions' started by Rudy, May 19, 2015.

1. Rudy

Rudy ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Member

I have many of the issues resolved here on the new forum, but I will need your feedback here in this thread to sort out any remaining issues. If all went well, your username and password transferred over intact. You can log in using either your username, or the email address you registered with. If all else fails, head on down to bottom of the page and use the "Contact" link.

I will be adding logins for Google and Twitter--this allows you to associate your forum account with any of these social media services, and enables an easier login experience. There are other features here that I am tweaking which may appear (or disappear) as I figure things out. This entire forum at itsjusttalk.net has been somewhat inactive, but we are in the process of building out some sites, so we may see some increased activity from other members who might wander in and join us.

Any other questions? Leave them here in this thread. Our friend @jazzbill is familiar with XenForo, so between the two of us, we can likely solve any issues or help anyone who needs it.

Mainly, I am very happy to say "good riddance" to the old forum system! It was a security threat waiting to happen, it was spam bait, and it was also very user- and mobile-unfriendly. With XenForo, the theme automatically adapts to your screen width, so you can use and read the forum on anything from a smartphone to a desktop computer without having to do anything extra.

2. Rudy

IMPORTANT: I am still having an issue with getting the forum to send email on the new server.

For now, in other words, the forum cannot send out password reset requests, or any other notifications. The "Contact Us" link also will not work either.

I will be working on this later tonight.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  3. Rudy

Mail issues have a temporary fix, while I work on something permanent.

4. LASaxman

LASaxman Active Member

Looks good Neil. Thanks for your hard work! :waveleft:

Rudy likes this.
  5. Rudy

Thank you, good sir, for hanging in there while I sorted out the mess. :D

Now we need to stir up the hornet's nest a bit and get everyone posting again. I am going to try to start a couple of new disucssions this weekend so we can have something to get the interest up again. The Detroit Jazz Festival should be interesting this year--I'm thinking of either volunteering (heavily) so I can hear some of the groups, or might even try to save up a few bucks to get the VIP sponsorship so I can at least get seating access to some of the gigs.

6. Rudy

I have moved our forum email notification services to Mandrill, and have reactivated the forum on the new server. This should be a seamless change for everyone. If you find you are not getting forum emails, please leave a note here so I can check the server logs.

I will also be activating CloudFlare at some point in the next few days. There may be times when CloudFlare gives an error message, saying our site is offline. Likely it is not offline, so simply try again in a moment or so if that happens.