1. Thank you for visiting It's Just Talk! To enjoy all of the features of our forum (and remove this message), please register for complete access. To prevent spam, our staff manually activates all new accounts; you will receive an email notice when your account is activated. Please enter the VIP code 6P7D5WQ4 when requested during registration. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We use the "responsive" layout of XenForo, which is cross-platform compatible and requires no additional apps to access our site via mobile, including smartphones and tablets.
    Dismiss Notice

Editing posts

Discussion in 'Forum Business & Announcements' started by LASaxman, Aug 13, 2015.

1. LASaxman

LASaxman Active Member

Is there a time limit on how long you can edit something after you post it?

2. Rudy

Rudy ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Member

I think I have it set to 15 minutes. Otherwise, someone on the staff can assist with that.

Sadly, keeping editing enabled permanently has caused more problems by a small handful of members over the years (mainly in other forums). I've had some get disgruntled and edit out entire posts. I've also seen others make a personal attack, and keep it online just long enough for their target to read it, then delete the post. (Little do they know that we have "post history" and can see all edits. :wink: )

So, it is a matter of just a small number ruining the feature for everyone... :sigh: